Friday, May 18, 2007

Out of site...Please!

Yesterday I was out visiting with some clients around Austin. I was going into one of the Big Box stores that sells music and movies and computers..and to my surprise there were two employees standing outside the front doors smoking! Right in front of the store blowing smoke at the people walking in the store. Than as I was driving to my next appointment that took me by a well established fast food chain, and what do I see again? Two employees and two of there friends standing outside the front door smoking!
I could not believe my eyes, Please as a consumer and a Marketing Consultant... companies of all sizes please instruct your employees to go outside to the back of the store, out of sight of any customers or potential customers. this should be in all operations manuals and each employee should know the designated area and its not in front of the store. Better yet offer them a quiting program that will improve there health along with there productivity.

Could you imagine if I just went through a Inside Out Brand Marketing strategy session with the corporate people at the QSR and we then went on a store tour and that's what we saw? But that kind of situation would have backed up everything I just talked to them about. Take care of the Inside/Outside of your business before you bring more customers to it as every little thing matters in the eye of a consumer.

No comments: