Monday, April 30, 2007

I found it!!


I found great customer service yesterday at a place I did not expect to find it! Let me repeat that I found great customer service!! The place....drum roll please....Sea World San Antonio! Right out of the Walt Disney play book..well maybe not that great, but still outstanding. Checking in at the front entrance with our newly purchased season pass (bought easily on-line) was a very nice young lady who smiled at me and said "thank you Mr. Hale and enjoy your day at Sea World". Wow for the first time in my life I didn't know what to say. She must have thought she said something wrong because I think I gave her a look of astonishment. Continuing into the park we encountered more "random acts of kindness" a few more "thank yous" and an invitation to come back and to top it all off "thank you and have a safe drive home" from the associates at the exit.

Very nicely done Sea World..I will be back; and I will begin to spread the the good word. www.seaworld.com

1 comment:

JD Speer said...

An email went out to staff today at my office from one of our support personnel. He had gone to the new pizza place that opened up around the corner a few weeks back. He ordered spaghetti for lunch and after a few minutes of waiting a greek salad showed up in front of him. He looked up to find the manager standing in front of him, backed up by most of the employees, and apologizing for the wait. When the customer said he had not ordered a salad the manager said it was on the house.

So the customer came back to work and emailed staff (about 160 people) that not only is the food great, but so is the service. Now that is proactive customer service and the power of turning a negative (overly long wait) into a positive (a potential 159 new customers and 1 solid customer).